Thursday, June 5, 2014

An open letter By: A Miseducated Young Black Genius

 To: Whoever decides to crack open this sad excuse for a note book and read my notes… this is something to try and understand about your author…

I don’t believe people understand the upbringing of the vast amount of African American people like me.  I was once confused on what I was meant to do in this world, at first I thought it was all about the girls and being the center of attention, To have the glorious shine of the lime light cast over me. I remember watching cars drive by on my block and I would just sit there in awe, Me and my creative imagination thought that  maybe one day I can wake up in a car of my dreams with the women that everyone desires.
 Figures, I wanted the life of a simple man walking around my hood with a simple plan. Now think for a minute who could pass that up, the money and the cream, it only comes with the price of ducking all those bullets and crooked schemes. You see I wanted the life of a foolish man, one that showed I didn't have a foolish chance…

 Dam…

I grew up from that mind state; I learn that the slow road has a better success rate, I saw that men that worked hard for their family, did right by their wives, & kept living through the stressful days and trials will all find their own individual heaven in the sky. I started to look for a better dream, something that could keep my mind clean, but at the same time something that could keep my mind playing. Because, you see, life is and will always be a game. It is actually “thee” game & I always wanted to be challenged so I play. I wanted to find the best way out, so I did, college was my next level in the game of life. It’s a long trip to the road of success but after these four years it shall all be worth it.



I found that women that everyone else wants and I didn't even have to flip any bricks. I try to keep her close so my eyes won’t wonder though, Temptation is a deadly sin, and it’s easy to fall deep into the trap being the simple minded ones better known as men.
Realize that I grew up without a father, no one ever showed me how to get pass the cannon fodder, & no one showed me how to ride a bike or how to talk to a chick. These are things I learned how to do on my own and add some of my own tricks. & I had to learn through all my mistakes, I don’t take them as an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong, I used them as lessons that I can keep locked in my brain to keep me going on.  
God, I wonder what is going on with you, everyone calls you their father but to me you are cool. The Idea you bring to our people makes me understand why you are around but at the same time will all that happens to us things do start to fall short from your crown. I learned everything when you wanted to teach it, I even keep minimal contact with you just so you know that I believe in you; but you see man I’m stuck in this world still trying to get the difference, why life can be so hard but I see a whole lot of other people live through it so proficient, & it’s sickening… not knowing what to do.

For now I will just stay here in school

& make my time worth it…

Truly yours:

A Miseducated Young Black Genius 

No comments:

Post a Comment